The Merit Loan
$0 Down Because You Deserve It!
Merit Loan - Down Payment Assistance
Up to 3.5% Grant Available
To those eligible borrowers who make our lives easier
The Merit Loan is exclusive at A1 Mortgage and is designed to provide down payment assistance in the form of a grant equal to 2% or 3.5% of the purchase price to a wide variety of eligible borrowers. The Merit loan is offered by a governmental entity and may be used with the FHA 203(b) program or any of our FHA renovation programs; the 2% grant option is also available for the FHA One-Time Close Program.
Who's eligible for the Merit Loan?
In addition to helping first-time and moderate-income home buyers, The Merit loan is available to make like easier for those eligible borrowers who make our lives easier.
This includes borrowers who are current, retired, volunteer, non-paid, or plan to become:
- First-responders (police officer, firefighter, public safety officer, paramedic, emergency medical technician (EMT), including colunteers, or similar)
- Medical personnel (nurse, doctor, phlebotomist, health ambassador, or hospital, American Red Cross worker, or similar)
- Civil servant in a federal, state, or local municipality
- Military personnel
- Eligible properties located in an undeserved census tract (Zip Code Lookup Tool)
- The Merit loan has two grant options available: a 3.5% grant and a 2% grant
- May be combined with up to 6% seller concession for closing costs
- No resale or borrower repayment restrictions
- Minimum qualifying credit score: 620