- Available in a variety of fixed- and adjustable-rate loan options
- May be able to add extra features, such as temporary buydowns
- Provides financing for loan amounts up to $3 million
- Provides the convenience of one loan for the entire loan amount
- Interest rates are usually higher on jumbo loans than on conforming loans with lower loan amounts.
Interest-Only Jumbo Loan
The interest-only jumbo loan product is designed to serve borrowers who require a higher loan amount but prefer a lower mortgage payment for the first few years of the loan. An interest only home loan may not be the best option for all borrowers.
- Maximum loan amounts up to $2,500,000.
- Down payment as low as 25% for purchase transactions.
- Purchase and rate term refinance loan options available.
- 5/1, 7/1, and 10/1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) options available.
- Available for a primary residence or second home. Condos may be eligible.
- No pre-payment penalty.
What is a Jumbo Home Mortgage?
Jumbo home loans, also called a non-conforming home loans, are home loan that exceeds the county lending limits of the government entitled loans secured by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. The lending threshold differs by state and county and is determined by the maximum county limits for Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
Jumbo loans are backed by private investors and have different underwriting requirements from traditional Conventional home loans, FHA home loans, USDA Home Loans and VA home loans. Meaning no guarantee or protection of foreclosure is provided to the investors. Consequently, mortgage underwriting guidelines are not standardized and subject to the individual investor requirements.
These guidelines are typically more restrictive but do make it possible for larger home purchases to be financed.